Anodyne
Friday, August 11, 2023
 

The Lahaina banyen, 10 August 2023. On the left hand side of the square are three cars. Go in maybe fifteen feet to the right of the car furthest from the water, just under that huge canopy of shade, and that's where you might occasionally find me with my big camera, on an "out of office" day. I also have a few studies made early on from the upper right hand corner of the square, but I never liked the light there & slowly worked around to a more spatially complex southeast-facing view. If this all sounds insanely self-centered in the face of massive loss of human and economic life I suppose all I can offer in my own defense is my legitimate grief at the almost certain death of a living thing I've struggled to depict for over a decade, for the sheer fact of its perserverence in the face of a world inimical to it & its kind.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }