Anodyne
Tuesday, November 19, 2019
 

Anything human is mentionable, and anything mentionable is manageable

"'It’s so hard, isn’t it?' he said. 'I think there are many people who bring a whole lot of baggage from their past and a whole lot of anxiety about the future to the present moment. What’s so great is that people can be in relationship with each other for the now.'

'Yeah,' I said.

'If we can somehow rid ourselves of illusions,' he said. 'The illusion that we are greater or lesser than we are. The illusion that we’re going to save the world. There are a lot of illusions that people walk around with. I would love to be able to be present in every moment I have.'"

[....]

"I could have walked into some positions that were already set. I could have walked into an office that was already furnished for me. But I would much rather have done what I have done."

[....]

"[F]everishly creating bridges and bridges and bridges--"


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }