Anodyne
Wednesday, April 10, 2019
 

Peter Culley, 1958 - 2015

I miss Pete & Bruce & Robert every day. I don't think my work will ever remotely approach theirs -- my prose's plodding style is probably not salvageable in this lifetime & seems to lack some essential tonal flicker that's probably attributable to a/ deep introversion, and, b/ working-class English heritage -- but I hope that little bits of my pictures recall what, for me, remains most valuable in my friends' work: its realist orientation; its fierce criticism of late capitalism; and its openness to both high- and mass- cultural forms (Pete the most open of the three; I will be working through his recommendations of film & music & poetry for as long as I live).


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }