Anodyne
Monday, December 07, 2015
 

A kindred spirit photographing two great subjects: rocks & cactus

"I come back to them and assess them at another moment of their, and my, life. They’re always still kind of happening for me; they don’t really recede into the past too much because it seems to me that every time I see them it’s a new occasion to encounter them and experience them, and, hopefully enjoy and appreciate them, and once more to find them to some extent good."

JW refers here to encountering his own pictures after a period of time.  The process, as he describes it, is analogous to my own experience of re-encountering geographically removed subjects -- mostly desert flora & fauna, less often people living among them -- after an interval & still finding myself captivated.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }