Anodyne
Friday, June 14, 2013
 
ACT (Aesthetically Claimed Thing): Values-Based Giving

"Each year, my accountant calculates the size of donation that will reduce my income tax to zero. Through this process I see the government allocate my tax dollars to trail work in parks they may not otherwise do, instead of using them for other government projects that rank lower on my scale of values.

I recently chose to make donations over three successive years to upgrade a trail to one of my favorite places in Garibaldi Park. These donations are paying for the installation of two bridges over river crossings and 11 kilometres of trail reconstruction from Elfin Lakes to Mamquam Lake. I wanted to give something to future generations so they could experience the joy I felt when discovering these wild places."


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }