Anodyne
Saturday, February 11, 2012
 
More Metropolitan

Some of the early Metropolitans are gone.  The Google Street View cars are rolling through Los Angeles faster than I ever expected, and images I selected even a few months ago have now been erased and/or overwritten.  I had hoped to keep the images "live" as long as possible, so that they could be zoomed, panned, etc. by anyone.  But it looks like the price of keeping them live is permanently losing some of them, and while I like the freedom to examine, and maybe even criticize, my framing decisions, I also like specific qualities of specific images -- light, figures, etc., and don't want to lose those things.  I wouldn't be a photographer if I didn't.  So the images that appear here from now on will do so in a slightly different format, thereby achieving the same semi-permanance as paper prints or backlit display boxes. 


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }