Anodyne
Thursday, August 26, 2010
 

CJB'S SWEETIE "L.": Too bad I'm missing the [Dukes of September] show in LA. I hear they're playing "Iggy."

CJB: Ah, IGY. What a great song. I still remember hearing it for the first time back in 1982!

L. [thoughtfully]: Back in 1982, I remember wanting a Pound Puppy.

Later:

CJB [singing, off key]: I keep forgettin' we're not in love any more / I keep forgettin' things will never be the same again / I keep forgettin' how you made it so clear--*

L. [on key]: Oh I’m a gummy bear / Yes I’m a gummy bear /Oh I’m a yummy tummy funny lucky gummy bear / I’m a jelly bear / 'cause I´m a gummy bear / Oh I’m a movin’ groovin’ jammin’ singing gummy bear / Oh yeaoooh--**

*Michael McDonald, I Keep Forgetting

**Some flaky, un-trademarkable song that L. apparently wasn't singing. See her correction ("Hey, Doofus!") above.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }