Anodyne
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
 

Donald Fagen sings:

You and I
know
the world
can't be
like this--

I'll be 38 in the morning. Pulpfiction will be 8 as of 11am. I'll be on a North Shore trail with the cats, gone to show an internets friend some big trees.

A pleasant day mostly spent repotting tomatoes and reading (qv. above) on the balcony, surrounded by small living things and the not-unpleasant smells of fish fertilizer and rock phosphate. A bit of a surprise to the pigeons who showed up, mid-afternoon, in search of a quiet place to nest.

And, for the record, 'cause I won't be around tomorrow: thanks to all of you from difficult me, for your love and friendship. I don't know if you know that it makes a difference to me -- given my odd touchy head, it's always hard to tell -- but it does: the net-chats; beers; the fine examples of your art(s); the walking; photographs; mountain climbing; music; business-building; companionship; and (last but never least) the cats. So, thanks from me to all of you who sustain me and lift my hard but never unrewarding days. Thanks!


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }