Anodyne
Saturday, March 08, 2008
 
Rain overnight, fading to light blue sky, warm afternoon light, scattered cloud. A mostly busy day. Calling K.'s bluff -- her claim that last Wednesday, according to Facebook, was "Hug a music major day," I Google madly, only to discover that the presumed bluff was actually fact and that I'm the last person on the planet to know. Later, with the sun pouring in across the desk and the purple pansy in the window (still unclaimed) I crunch some numbers to confirm my hunch that Norbord Inc.'s $11-15/share worth of OSB mills in North America and Europe and not insubstantial cash horde are worth at least $5/share (Friday's close). In between: used book sales; new book sales; little kids trying to kidnap the plastic rats; my lost keys; strong espresso in a tiny shot glass. Kind words about the store. It feels strange -- in the midst of all the usual panic, anger and solitude -- to be reminded of the love some folks apparently feel for the ungainly ark I built and set adrift in Main Street's currents.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }