Anodyne
Sunday, February 17, 2008
 

First direct sunlight through the window, calendar 2008. Shot in low-rez, on the fly, today's window of opportunity being approximately 25 seconds or thereabouts. All the usual culprits visible: Fred the plant (at right, rescued from the garbage and nursed back to health by Mr. Michael Young); the plastic rats and baby rats (center-left); and the lovely windows of the old ballet academy across the street (reflected in the open door, far left). I don't pay much attention to the calendar seasons, but I do try to mark this day each year. A weird sense of accomplishment, having once again made it through the long rainy dark. If I could fix the date of my death, I'd choose a February afternoon like today: warm sunlight; earth-smells; tree-buds: a whole world of living things waking and continuing on.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }