Anodyne
Monday, December 10, 2007
 

"Lisa accuses Homer of feeling schadenfreude when Homer gloats about Ned Flanders being on the verge of bankruptcy. Lisa asks Homer, 'Dad, do you know what schadenfreude is?', to which Homer replies in a sarcastic tone, 'No, I do not know what schadenfreude is. Please tell me because I'm dying to know.' Lisa then explains 'It's a German word for shameful joy, taking pleasure in the suffering of others.' Homer responds, 'Oh, come on, Lisa. I'm just glad to see him fall flat on his butt! He's usually all happy and comfortable, and surrounded by loved ones, and it makes me feel...what's the opposite of that shameful joy thing of yours?' 'Sour grapes.' 'Boy, those Germans have a word for everything.'"


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }