Anodyne
Saturday, September 29, 2007
 
Pete's favorite musician joke:

A saxophone player has just finished playing in a tiny club and is sitting at the edge of the stage cleaning his sax. He is just about to put it back in its battered case when a striking young woman in a black sweater, tweed skirt, pearls, a beret and ballet flats walks over to him. "I hope you don't mind me bothering you," she says. He looks up but continues snapping the case shut. "I've been a jazz fan ever since I was a little girl," she goes on, "and the tenor is my favorite instrument." "Who's your favorite player ?" he says, testing her. "Well until tonight I would have said Sonny or Dexter," she says. "What do you mean?" "Well the way you played tonight was the best I've ever heard, on record or off." He's not sure if she's kidding. "And a man with a gift like yours should get more at the end of the evening than a spit valve and a subway ride home." He looks up again. "I would like to take to my apartment three blocks from here and give you the night of love a genius deserves. Certain skills taught to me by the nuns in the convent where I grew up enable me to give pleasure in ways almost beyond imagining, and I would like to use all of them on you. Let's go." She reaches out her pale hand to his shoulder. He puts his own hand on hers. "Before we go," he says, "I just have to know one thing--were you here for the first or second set?"


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }