Anodyne
Thursday, May 10, 2007
 
Sunlight slanting in through the blinds, cats awake and blinking at the racketing birds and green leaves moving in the wind.

Day off today. So I thought, do something different: something that you don't have to do, but that you want to do. Something you've never done before.

So I'm going here. See ya!

[UPDATE: Within 2 minutes of posting the above, an out-of-town pal writes in part: "...the same old thing...[you're going to] walk, take pictures, and read on the ferry."

Heh. Busted. So, for the record, accompanying me on the ferry as ballast in my backpack:

Michael Chabon, The Yiddish Policemen's Union
Robert Dallek, Nixon and Kissinger: Partners in Power
Michael Ondaatje, Divisadero
Dominion Citrus Income Fund 2006 Annual Report
Robert BolaƱo, The Savage Detectives
Perennial hiking partner Rose T. Cat
and the Nikon

Someone else writes to ask what's become of all the mountaineering posts. The short answer is that I have badly trashed my right knee, and have been taking it slow for a few months of what coincidentally has been the coldest, wettest spring in years. Team Cat's regular schedule of relentless latte-fuelled elevation gain should resume mid-next week, once the "new old car" is in house, and my new mountaineering boots are broken in.]



<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }