Anodyne
Thursday, March 22, 2007
 
Via the big renovation sale down at Macleod's Books:

Art in Theory 1648-1815 (Ed. Charles Harrison)
Clement Greenberg: The Collected Essays and Criticism v.3, Arrogant Purpose (HC/DJ, signed by editor John O'Brian)
Theodor Adorno, Prisms (UK HC 1st, 1967)
Henry Green, Pack My Bag: An Autobiography
Italo Calvino, The Uses of Literature (US HC 1st)

Torrential grey vertical rain. About to take my life in my hands and drive out to the ferry to collect Tolagson , his filmmaker friend Kyath, and his photographs:

CJB: The Subaru's kind of a wreck. I hope Kyath won't mind.

JT: No worries. She's easy-going. She won't care.

CJB: She will if the wheel falls off in the tunnel!

A great exchange overheard yesterday in the course of a wander through three or four of my downtown competitors:

IRRITATING MIDDLE-AGED GUY: Where's your business section?

BOOKSTORE PROPRIETOR: Right behind you.

IMAG: Oh. Is that all you have. Where's your classics section?

BP: Right over there.

IMAG: Not so big, is it?

BP: [bites tongue]

IMAG: I love bookstores. And browsing. I have a whole room full of books at home! But I can't buy anything today. The wife says she'll kick me out if I bring any more books home!

BP: [thoughtfully] Oh, I'm sure she'll have lots better reasons than that.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }