Anodyne
Monday, November 27, 2006
 
Protect Your Store From Sketchy Book Thieves!

"'In-store ownership' is a popular shoplifting technique among students. While you're not looking, I remove the price tag from the book I want, then scribble my name on the fly-leaf. Time permitting, I might use a highlighter on a page or two. Perhaps I'll artificially age the book by cracking its spine and giving the cover dog-ears. By the time I make my exit, the book appears well-used. Was I supposed to leave it at the counter when I entered your store? Sorry, I didn't see the sign. I'm distracted by exams. I've lost my glasses. I'm in love. Anyway, this is obviously my book, as you can see from all the personal touches. So long, sucker."


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }