Anodyne
Sunday, August 13, 2006
 

Squonk 2.0

Toronto's Jennifer McMackon wastes no time in relaying this tale:

"When my older brother moved out of our parents' house to go to university, we spent a delirious weekend painting all his furniture Naples Yellow and then endowing it (to scale, ie. sides of bookshelves etc.) with creatures from Trick of the Tail.

I had it on eight track!"

An album I have loved (& still love) on cassette (2 copies), vinyl (3 copies), CD (regular; "definitive edition remaster") and assorted bootlegs since my teens. I own every Genesis album ever issued in some form or another (even the lame CD released by Ray Wilson-fronted Incarnation #3, after Dr. Evil departed for a solo career singing "sensitive" James Blunt-style ballads and scoring Disney soundtracks), but TOTT and its follow-up, Wind and Wuthering, are the only two I still listen to with pleasure.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }