Anodyne
Sunday, June 25, 2006
 
Waste My Time, Please -- yet another gripping episode

PHONE: Ring!

CJB: Pulpfiction Books, good evening.

FEMALE CALLER WHO SOUNDS APPROXIMATELY 9 YEARS OLD: Do you buy short story essay books?

CJB: What are you proposing to sell me?

FC: I don't know. The book's not here. Just wait, okay?

[60 seconds of silence. CJB hangs up]

PHONE: Ring!

CJB: Pulpfiction Books.

FC: The author's name is Roger.

CJB: And his last name?

FC: I don't know!

CJB: Well, I'm not buying any of Roger's books at the moment. Thanks for calling.

FC: Your ad doesn't say that!

CJB: What, that I don't buy books by Roger?

FC: That's right! You should put that in, so you don't confuse people.

CJB: I'll get right on that.

Locked door and cold frosty beer on the way momentarily!


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }