Anodyne
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
 
1990 Subaru Legacy Wagon, Good Running Condition (via craigslist)

"Dear Christopher,

I have noticed there is ONE patch of rust on a panel by the front right tire and unfortunately I only have a tape player, however, there are NO mechanical problems that I know of.

The car was owned by a monastery (which only bought Subaru cars) before I bought it and they maintained the car with regular oil changes, etc. VERY often (I have the documents). There are many miles on the car, but since the car has been taken such good care of by running on synthetic oil and injected with gas cleaner for so many years, it is still running great.

As an indication of how well the car was taken care of I still have:

• 8 liters of synthetic oil
• 5 oil filters
• 3 bottles of Gasoline Additive
• 1 foam filter
• 2 bottles of silicone and metal lubricator
• extra spark plugs
. . .which I will throw in with the car."

So, off to Queen Elizabeth Park I went.

Car as described, except that the subtitles to "ONE patch of rust on a panel" were, "endemic lower body rust and strangely creaky CV joints." But the interior was nice and clean, and I appreciated the novelty of test-driving a Legacy previously owned by monks.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }