Anodyne
Saturday, September 17, 2005
 

Finishing a long essay for Evan Lee's Presentation House Gallery catalog, Mr. West's swaggering, overproduced, and furiously catchy Diamonds From Sierra Leone bumping my office speakers:

"Right when magazines wrote Kanye West off
I dropped my new shit sound like the best of
A&R's lookin' like, 'Pssh we messed up'
Grammy night, damn right, we got dressed up
Bottle after bottle till we got messed up
In the studio, where really though, yea he next up
People askin' me if I'm gon' give my chain back
That'll be the day I give the game back
You know the next question dog 'Yo, where Dame at?'
This track the Indian dance to bring our reign back
'What's up with you and Jay, man, are y'all ok man?'
They pray for the death of our dynasty like Amen
R-r-r-right here stands a-man
With the power to make a diamond with his bare hands..."

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }