Anodyne
Thursday, July 21, 2005
 
Sun hanging hot in the sky all day, beating relentlessly through my front room windows from 3pm to 5pm. Try pricing books with sweat rolling down your forehead and into your eyes! Blinking away salt, wiping sweat-splashes off the covers of mass market paperbacks by first time authors I've never heard of, the cool-looking surplus 50s-style wire cage fan Dadabase sold us last year whirling on the far side of the room, not so much cooling the store as moving superheated air around, and even that ghost of a breeze blocked by customers who invariably move the wooden stools dotting the shop directly in line of the fan, cooling their backs nicely and the baking, sweating clerk behind the desk not at all.

Many staff out on vacation; my next day off is August 8th, for which I predict torrential rain, hail, or freak flurries.

Off down the hill momentarily with Mr. McCarthy and my backpack. Secret destination in mind, located in the warehouse district just south of Skytrain, open until 11pm. 60+ flavors, the Cola Float and the bitter orange my favorites.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }