Anodyne
Monday, July 18, 2005
 

Ben Folds' first solo album, home of In Love, the sublime duet with William Shatner. This thing hasn't budged off the desktop since I first downloaded it six weeks ago; its pulsing strings strike a deep chord somewhere in the back of my reptilian hindbrain. Some of the lyrics are reproduced below, and bear no resemblance to any persons living or dead, & etc.

"So now you have me
completely figured out!
You feel sorry for me!
I can't 'express my feelings';
I can't tell the truth:

We are all alike


At puberty I was sworn to secrecy
by the international brotherhood
of lying fickle males.
I can't tell you anything
and I can't commit!

You're right!

I can't commit...to you!

I will always treasure
our time together.
I don't feel enough of anything
to harbor the kind of disdain
That you maintain..."Posted by Picasa


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }