Anodyne
Monday, June 13, 2005
 
To the USA for a few days with the rental car, Incredible Talking Cats and a whole assortment of gas station maps shoved into the glove box. Also: Live From Planet X (MF Doom), Pop Art (Pet Shop Boys), Madvillain (MF Doom and Madlib), and the new Quasimodo.

Not quite sure of a destination yet, outside of SeaTac tomorrow evening. Corporate Thrift Store for sure, maybe even Powells if I make it that far south. Back Friday.

(Yesterday's lacuna: I turned 35, and the store turned 5. I had originally not wanted to open on my birthday, in case of early failure, in which case, I somewhat woozily reasoned, I'd be reminded of my ineptitude once a year for life. But the shelves were built and full of stock and my two weeks of free rent were coming to an end, so eventually I kicked the door open, put out the sandwich board, sold $73.55 worth of books in 6 hours, and attracted a free review from the other bookseller in the neighborhood. "You'll never last," he sniffed, snaffling up my H.P. Lovecraft pocketbooks at a 20% discount. He's still here. So am I.)


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }