Anodyne
Thursday, June 23, 2005
 
Grouse Mountain Resorts, Inc. -- trail maps (PDFs) and assorted publicity bumpf, so that non-Vancouverites can follow along with Team Cat's adventures.

As I came out of the chalet last night, heading for the tram with my coffee, a woman was climbing into the back of a pickup with something large on her (gloved) hand. This something turned its head as I walked by, and I stopped to pay closer attention. A falcon. A foot and a half high, off-brown and white feathers, long hooked beak, two incredibly bright black eyes. Its friend or mate sat, hooded, in the bed of the pickup beside it.

A strange feeling to see such intelligent and precision-built animals up close. I was perhaps fifteen feet away, but felt myself registered and tracked even at that distance.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }