Anodyne
Tuesday, February 15, 2005
 
100K Club -- cjb & Team Cat

Seabus to Skyride, & etc. Blue sky, budding branches on bare trees. The new trekking poles made short work of the 20%+ grade at the base of the Cut. First day in my life on snowshoes. I spent the better part of an hour tramping up and down the final half-km stretch of powder below the gondola station, testing and refining my new skills. (Briefly) at peace, a nice change from last night's 3 hours of apartment alarm bell ringing (guy stuck in elevator) and the dream that followed, in which a local indie musician, who's never been anything other than totally pleasant to me in real life, came after me with an axe.

Running across the grass field behind my old West Vancouver elementary school right at twilight. Sunlight's last gleamings on the railway trestle in the trees.

Shouting, "I need some help here!" The startled faces of the yoga class and the after-school activity club, pressed to the glass.

Ducking around the monkey bars and the concrete tunnels. Pulling on a locked side door. A janitor walking away, oblivious, up the hall.

Hoarse harsh breath on my shoulder.

The axe whickering down.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }