Anodyne
Thursday, October 07, 2004
 

Lateef, Gift of Gab and DJ Shadow the highlights of this terrific 22-track 2-CD compilation which I found totally by accident waiting to secure the rental car.

Surrey backroads to the US border, through sun showers and rain. Orange pumpkins left to rot in trampled fields. The leaves changing along the Chuckanut Drive.

Downtown Bellingham deserted on a weekday.

Sour Mr. Henderson scowling as usual as he inspected my purchases, making sure an autograph or a $100 bill wasn't hidden in the hardcover first of Caro's Means of Ascent that I found in his stacks.

Weegee
show, of all things, at the Whatcom County Museum, about sixty photographs in all, including many "experimental" collages and images made with distorted plastic and/or kallidoscopic lenses, which I had never previously seen or heard of, Rocket Ship Hitting Empire State Building my favorite of these.

Larrabee State Park empty in the late afternoon. I scrambled the scooped-out sandstone cliffs down by the shore, ID'ed mushrooms (16 varieties, in a 40- or 50- square foot radius under the salal bushes along the clifftops!) with one of my new guidebooks.

Grey sheets of rain moving across from Orcas Island.Posted by Hello


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

.post-title { display: none!important; }